The SEAA Indoor Athletics Championships (closing date 3rd Jan/10th Jan 2012 depending on event), SEAA Southern XC Championships (closing date 16th Dec 2011) and ECCA National XC Championships (closing date 4th Jan 2012) have been added to the calendar.
Go to http://www.vphthac.org.uk/fixtures.html for more information.
Sunday, 13 November 2011
Dear Members of VPH & TH AC,
Following the club's Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in October two votes were held on a proposed change to a rule regarding the structure of the club's board. Both votes were hung at 19 for, 19 against. As a result, and in order to resolve the matter, an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) was proposed along with some remote voting mechanisms to give more members the chance to vote or for those who had already expressed their preference at the AGM the chance to vote without attending the EGM.
A full EGM notice with details regarding the proposed change to the rule, agenda, details regarding the change to the board structure voting details and the voting form is available here. The minutes from the AGM are available here. If you have trouble reading either document or would prefer a hard copy please contact me (email@example.com) and I will make arrangement for you. Hard copies of the notice will be posted at Mile End track and at the club house. Copies of the minutes will be made available at the club house.
The EGM will be held on Thursday 1st December, 2011, 8:45PM in the Club house, St Augustine's Hall, Cadogan Terrage, London E9.
About voting in the EGM:
- The vote will be held on the night of the EGM, alternatives to voting in person on the night are detailed below.
- If you intend to send a representative to vote on your behalf (a proxy) at the EGM please make sure you comply with the requirements detailed on page one of the EGM notice attachment.
- If you wish to email your vote, please send an email detailing your choice to the address created specifically for this purpose firstname.lastname@example.org stating whether you are FOR or AGAINST the motion. Your vote will be treated in strict confidence. The deadline is Midnight, Tuesday 29th November.
- If you wish to post your vote please print and complete the voting form and send to the address detailed on the form. The deadline for receipt is Tuesday 29th November. Your vote will be treated in strict confidence.
- The usual voting rules apply, e.g. you must be a registed first claim or associate member, over 18 years of age. Your membership fees for the year must be paid (unless you have an exemption, such as a life member for example). You can only vote once (if you vote by email or post you can not vote again on the night of the EGM or via a proxy)
- Please remember, even if you voted at the AGM on this matter you will need to vote once again using one of the above methods to ensure your voice is heard and your vote counts.
Remember, if you have concerns or questions you can contact me directly at email@example.com or contact the current board as a whole at vphthac-directors@
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We look forward to your vote in deciding how the club is managed in the future.
Simeon (Men's Captain, Road & XC Running)
Posted by VPHTHAC at 21:43:00
Some update for November and into the new Olympic year...
Extraordinary General Meeting - Thursday 1st December, 8:45pm
A reminder that an EGM for a vote regarding how the club board is to be structured in the future will be held. If you are unable to attend, you can send a proxy or vote by post or email. Contact me for details if you did not receive the notice.
Club Christmas Party - Saturday 3rd December: 7pm until late
If you go to one Christmas party this year, might as well do it in style and make it this one. It is always good fun, sometimes a drink or two might be consumed to get in the Christmas spirit. There will be music, dancing, good food and winter warmth on offer (if we get the gas fire fixed in time!). Tickets are just £10, which includes your food and a glass of Wulled Mine. As ever, it's volunteers who bring you these events, so Rob is looking for some contributors to help with the catering. If anyone is willing to bring a dish of christmas delight then have a chat with him after at the club or email him firstname.lastname@example.org. The costs of ingredients will be reimbursed.
Middlesex Cross Country Race (Wormwood Scrubs park) - Saturday 7th January 2012
Juniors from 11am. Senior Women 8k 1pm, Senior Men 12k 1:45pm I have received the entry forms for the above. There are elgibility criteria for Middx races, based upon birth, residence or previous competition. Most club members are eligible to enter but some who live outside the catchment may not be, contact me if you are unsure. If you would like to race in this county-standard race please let me know, preferably via email with your name, DOB and Address. As usual, the club will pay your entry fees (£3 per runner)
providing you turn up and your annual subscriptions are paid. Deadline: 18th December.
National Cross Country Championships - Parliament Hill - Saturday 25th February 2012
Junior race from 11am (3k - 10k), Senior Women (8k) 2:20pm, Senior Men (12k) 3pm. The 'big one' at Parliament Hll. It will be hilly, it will be muddy and there will be some great competition going on. Entrants must be first claim members for the club if you wish to enter. If you'd like to enter, contact me with your name and DOB. As usual, the club will pay your entry fees (£6 per runner) providing you turn up and you are up to date with your annual subscriptions. Deadline: 23rd December.
Subscriptions now due
The subscription year runs from November. If you've not yet paid, please make arrangements to do so. The fees are unchanged yet again for the year 2011-12, full details are on the Join section of the club website. You don't need to fill out a form if you are already a member. Bank transfers are preferred - please put your name as a reference, otherwise please hand cheques or cash to me or any of the other directors / coaches at the club.
Recent Road & XC Race Results:
October handicap results are on the website noticeboard and also available at this link:
North London XC Association - race results are available here:
The results are collated and hosted by Bob Jousiffe from Orion Harriers who works very hard to get the results published in good time. All the details are here: http://www.bob-orion.me.
Wrap up warm and enjoy those Autumn runs, folks.
Men's Road & XC Running Captain
Posted by VPHTHAC at 20:29:00